Wednesday, March 10, 2010

N is for Namaste.

I tried all week to think of a topic that started with D, but I had no luck. Daisy, Dog, or Daylight doesn't have much substance to them, so I figured I would go with a word that has inspired me. I apologize to everyone that is a little OCD.

Back to the topic at hand.

For the last two mornings I have gotten up early and done 10 minutes of Yoga. If you know me at any sort of a personal level you would know that sleep was probably my favorite thing to do. I would have considered napping my hobby back in high school and college, so getting up earlier and for some sort of physical activity is quite frankly, a miracle. But, where there is a will there is a way.

If you have never done yoga before, I would strongly urge you to at least try it especially if you are already exercising and working out. Now, I have only really done it two days in a row so I am no expert but coming from a novice yogi I am loving it! It is a great way to get started in the morning- It makes me feel flexible and strong and wakes me up in a calm soothing way.

At the end of the video the instructor says "Namaste". She says it means "All the goodness in me salutes all the goodness in you." What delightful way to greet people. So much more uplifting that "Waz Up" or "How's it going". Unfortunately if I go up to someone in the Publix check out line and say Namaste!, I am sure I would get some strange looks.

Here is a link to the workout video I have been doing AM Yoga. I would love to hear about your experiences with Yoga and any suggestions you have about the exercise.

Good Luck and Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I haven't done yoga, but I do love pilates!

    ReplyDelete